Wednesday, October 19, 2011

"Remembering The Brave....."

Back in the early 50's, my brother Bob joined the US Marine Corps and served in Korea during "The Forgotten War". He joined as a teenager and returned home as a man, especially after the landing at Inchon! He later went on to become an Air Force F-4 Phantom pilot over Vietnam, and retired a full Colonel.

Over the years as I served with the Navy Seabees, and in civilian life working with Veterans organizations, I had the pleasure and honor of serving and working with many Marines and "Old Marines", and I have always had the highest respect for "The Corps".

With only one exception whom I recently had the displeasure of working with, all knew the meaning of "Semper Fi" (Always Faithful) and lived their lives as such.

This is a tribute to those who understood the meaning of those words.

No comments: